What's going on...

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 5, 2010

    Retaking the Test!

    Perhaps, considering that this new weblog is for a college course, the title isn't the best! ;-)

    This "TEST" however (and this is only a TEST! ;-) concerns Twitter. [See the prior entry.]

    While it appears that that test failed to generate a Twitter stream, within a blog entry, I think that's because I was using the earlier Twitter "Badge" feature - They've now renamed it a "Widget" (which it was before, as well! ;-), but also it's been redone, with javascript.

    In my Blogger Dashboard (in the "Edit Post" panel, which lists the blog entries), after I've implemented this new Twitter-provided Widget, the entry simply lists some javascript code, beginning with: new TWTR.Widget({ version: 2... yada, yada, yada

    I was very-suprised (pleasantly! :-) therefore, that it actually did work, when I published it, in a new entry on the UIS GOP blog. (I visited that blog, and saw that it did load properly; I immediately deleted that entry there, of course, since it's my personal Tweet stream; we've never even implemented the organization's one.)

    I then published it (that Twitter "version 2" Profile Widget), into a new entry at my main blog - which has been my goal, as I explained in that last entry here... But as I neglected to explain, I have a long-standing policy of [almost] never visiting my main blog, as I don't want my own visits to up the hit count. (Yes, I know that's somewhat OCD-like, but oh well...) Since it did work, when I visited the UISGOP blog, I hope it's loaded properly, at my main blog as well.

    I just realized however, that the UISGOP blog uses post pages, while my main blog still uses anchor permalinks (I actually prefer the latter - and I hope to find a way to implement that [older but better!] feature here; unfortunately, this newer template doesn't even allow that, as an option). The only real reason I switched the UISGOP blog to post pages, is because the permalinks there, from the maystar designs template which I downloaded for it, never worked. (Many Blogger blogs had permalinks that failed, but I'm glad to say that my main blog never had that problem... Well, I won't say never, but that was more an archive-page issue, which was resolved, as soon as Google purchased Blogger, from Pyra Labs.)

    I hope that that fact (that my main blog uses anchor permalinks, instead of post pages) doesn't interfere with that newfangled Twitter Widget loading right. [Even if it does, I'm staying with permalinks there, as long as it's allowed!]

    You can let me know if that Twitter Widget works at my main blog, by checking it out yourself!

    =================================================


    No comments: